- Haiti Trip - June 2018
- Letter from Jonathan
- Quick Facts About Haiti
- Ministry Details
- Trip Checklist
- Packing List
- Trip Rules & Team Covenant
- What To Wear
- Prayer Partners
- Medical Release Form
- Permission Form For Minors
- Donations To Bring
- How To Get A Passport
- Resolving Conflict
- Trip Finances & Payments
- How To Raise Funds
- Trip Schedule
- Flight Information
- Baggage Information
- Language Helps
- Helpful Hints
Haiti Trip Rules & Covenant
To be able to participate in this mission work, you must agree to and abide by the rules and team covenant listed below as well as the article about Resolving Conflict. Please read through these carefully and check the box at the bottom indicating that you agree.
Haiti Trip Rules
These rules are put in place to protect your physical safety, the ministry, and your overall experience. If you have any questions about the rules please call Jonathan Grooms.
- The use of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs during the course of this trip is absolutely forbidden while working with Global Partners.
- Commit to maintain a positive attitude regardless of circumstances.
- Don’t state the obvious or complain.
- Encourage one another.
- Remember to be flexible.
- Be considerate of others sleeping habits, quiet times, etc.
- You will live out of your suitcase and will most likely be in a room with others, so be neat.
- Show gratitude to the Haitians. Don’t allow them to just serve you, serve them as well.
Be on time to all meetings.
- Why? You cannot afford to miss vital information as well as team exhortations.
- There will be “team” meetings throughout the trip to share and recap what is taking place and what God is doing in our hearts. Coming to this meeting is mandatory.
Maintain Quiet Times on the Trip– Worship, Bible Reading, Prayer, Journal
- Why? Because out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks and it will help you be connected to God so that you can be ready for all that He has for you daily.
Journal – Pre-trip and during trip
- Why? To record your what God is revealing and teaching you.
- Never go anywhere without prior permission from your team leader and never by yourself.
- The most effective ministry is guys ministering to guys and girls ministering to girls.
- Never leave the eye sight of your team when in ministry. You must remain with the group at all times.
- During Ministry Events be aware of the teams departure times.
- Use every opportunity to be Christ and share His love with everyone you come in contact with.
- No romantic dating relationships or pairing off at any times (includes holding hands, extended hugs, or communicating any intent of a relationship) unless you are married…if you are married have fun!
- Why? Because this trip is short and we don’t want distractions from Jesus and ministry
- Please see dress code document/link. By signing the Trip Rules & Covenant below, you agree to abide by the dress code
Food & Drink
- We will be eating breakfast & dinner at the House of Hope. These meals are prepared by American missionaries. They will mix in some Haitian cuisine from time to time so you can experience new tastes. Most of what we will eat will be “American style”.
- We will make PB&J sandwiches each night to take with our ministry teams for lunch the next day.
- You don’t necessarily need to, but you are encouraged to bring snacks (granola bars, etc) along with you.
- All drinks and bottled water (ministry teams will have 5 gallon jugs with them) will be provided.
- You should bring a refillable water bottle with you.
Haiti Team Covenant
I covenant to give of myself to accomplish the things God has called me as an individual and us as a team to accomplish. By signing this covenant I commit to…
- abide by the given rules
- love and esteem others higher than myself
- be honorable in my thoughts and actions
- respect the team members, leaders, and pastors on this trip
- encourage and include my team members
- listen and obey God’s Word and His voice when He speaks to me
- Glorify Christ and tell others about what He has done in my life.