For the 6th year in a row, we are excited to be participating in the 2021 Harrisburg Marathon to raise money for fresh water wells in India and other parts of the world. Many people around the world are in desperate need of clean running water. It is our desire to use this run to show God’s love and care for His people.
1. REGISTER FOR THIS RACE
Sign up on the Harrisburg Marathon Website for your relay team. See the dropdown menu below for more details and discount codes.
2. START A FUNDRAISING PAGE
Create a FlipCause fundraiser to officially join the Running Water team. We challenge you to set a goal of at least $100 for every mile, or funding an entire well for $2600. More details in the dropdown menu below.
On average, every 5 dollars given can provide 1 person clean water for a lifetime. All businesses and individuals financially supporting our efforts will receive pictures of the water well and village impacted, as well as the GPS coordinates of the location of the well. All donations are tax-deductable.
Thank you for helping us make a difference!
Race Day Schedule (Subject to Change)
Order T Shirts
- Order & Pay Online (link coming soon)
- If ordering online, you are welcome to use Promo Code "payoffline" if you want to pay via check/cash/Venmo
- This will allow you to avoid the processing fee
- Send funds via Venmo @gppd2003 (Global Partners)
- Please include in comments that it's for raceday shirt payment
- Bring a check/cash to the race (or give to Matt or Dana)
- Write check out to "Global Partners" or GPPD
Cost and Team Options
- Cost $210.
- 2 Relay members begin at Start line and 2 relay members will start at the one exchange point along the 13.1 mile course.
- 2 relay members will run approximately 9.5 miles & 2 relay members will run approximately 3.6 miles.
- Exchange point will either be at the park north of the Harvey Taylor Bridge or under the Walnut Street Bridge where the walkway leads down to the lower river walk. No timing mats or exchange of ankle bracelets.
- 9.5 mile runners would start at 12:30 pm in corrals and the 3.6 mile runners at 1:00 pm
- Cost: $150:
- Both participants would start together at the start line and run 13.1 miles. They would get in their corral at 11:30 am.
- All relay runners will receive a hoodie, bib and food coupon. They don't receive an official time or have the chance at a relay awards medal. The YMCA is still determining if they can afford to give the participants a relay finisher medal.
- Cost $100 each
- Full marathon runners will start in the 7-8:30 am window.
- 26.2 miles, Team Running Water participants are asked to sign up for Saturday and they will receive everything the other marathon runners receive.
Fundraising with Flipcause
Flipcause is a quick and convenient fundraising tool we use to help you collect donations for your well. The signup process is simple, and the page can easily be shared so others can support your goal on a secure platform.
We encourage and challenge you to set a goal of raising $100 per mile. That should be your team's aim. We also encourage the team captain to attempt to raise the most even if they are not running the longest leg. Friends, family, and church members that are not participating in race are welcome to fundraise as well.
Other Fundraising Ideas:
- “Sponsor a mile” letter/Donations
- Business Sponsorship Letter
- Flamingo a Yard
- Car wash
Registration and Discount Codes
Course and Event Details
coming soon for 2021