The Gijaba Village Water Well
Special Thanks to the Coons Family
- Population of village: 3,250 people
- Rate of Literacy: 46%
- They always have a dry climate and in the summer it is very hot with temperatures reaching well over 100 degrees each day
- We estimate this well will be used by 250 families per day
- Details of village: Small rural village. Mostly field workers.
- Their current water source is open water wells, which are not clean. Many of the villagers have gotten diseases from drinking water from the exisiting wells.
- Responsible for Maintenance and upkeep: Village President M. Krishnam Naidu
- This water will be used for drinking, cleaning, and washing clothes.
- They previously had to walk 1 km for clean water.
- This well will save them approx 2 hours / day.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Date of Dedication: October 12, 2015 @ 5:22PM