Batlabadra Village Water Well
Special Thanks To Frank & Anne Barnhard
- Population: 3,950 people
- Rate of Literacy: 44%
- They always have a dry climate and in the summer it is very hot with temperatures reaching well over 100 degrees each day.
- We estimate this well will be used by 200 families per day.
- Current water source are open water wells, which are not cleaned. Some people have gotten diseases from drinking that water.
- Responsible for Maintenance and upkeep: Village elder D. Koteswar Rao
- This water will be used for drinking, washing clothes, and bathing.
- They previously had to walk 1 km for clean water.
- This well will save them approx 1.5 hours / day.
Mandal: Jiyamma Valasa
State: Andhra Pradesh
Date of Dedication: October 12, 2015 @ 4:43PM