Barri Mamidi Village Water Well
Dedicated in Loving Memory of Mariam Hamwey
- Population: 600 people
- Rate of Literacy: 25%
- They always have a dry climate and in the summer it is very hot with temperatures reaching up to 120 degrees each day
- We estimate this well will be used by 50 families per day plus 170 families from 5 surrounding villages.
- Location of well: In a remote Koya People Group village
- There is currently a church in this village that was started about 30 years ago
- There are around 150 Koya people who attend this church
- Responsible for Maintenance and upkeep: M. Manohar
- Before this well, they had to go a long way to get water from a stream.
- They had to boil the water
- They frequently suffer from diseases such as malaria & typhoid.
GPS Coordinates: 17.4988, 81.92694
District: East Godavari
State: Andhra Pradesh
Date of Dedication: January 14, 2018 @ 1:30pm