Yendapally Village Water Well
Special Thanks to Doc & Brenda Cox for their Support for the 2017 Running Water for the Living Water Harrisburg Marathon Team!
- Population: 300 people
- Rate of Literacy: 10%
- They always have a dry climate and in the summer it is very hot with temperatures reaching up to 120 degrees each day
- We estimate this well will be used by 70 families per day
- Location of well: In a remote Koya people group village.
- Responsible for maintenance: G. Baburao
- Before this well, they had to get water from a stream/creek. They would dig holes to "catch" the water and use jars to pull it out. They would boil the water before they could use it.
- In the summer, the creeks would typically dry up and produce very little water.
- They suffer from malaria & typhoid and fever. They also get throat allergies.
- When they saw the well digging truck, they were very excited!!
GPS Coordinates: 17.46775, 81.92182
District: East Godavari
State: Andhra Pradesh
Date of Dedication: January 14, 2018 @ 12:40pm