E. Ramavaram Village Water Well
Dedicated in Loving Memory of Janet Hickman
- Population: 150 people
- Rate of Literacy: 10%
- They always have a dry climate and in the summer it is very hot with temperatures reaching up to 120 degrees each day
- We estimate this well will be used by 60 families per day plus others from the surrounding villages.
- Location of well: In a far back woods Koya People Group village
- Responsible for maintenance: T. Ganganna Dora
- There is currently no church in this village
- Before this well, they begged up the government to install a well but they were always rejected
- Their only source of water was to walk more than 1km to get water from a stream and boil it before using.
- They did not know our partner until he showed up to tell them about running water and the Living Water. They were VERY excited!
- Malaria & typhoid are big problems in this village.
GPS Coordinates: 17.4572, 81.92813
District: East Godavari
State: Andhra Pradesh
Date of Dedication: January 14, 2018 @ 12:00pm