The Peddamalakanagadda Village Water Well
Special Thanks to the Filson Family
- Population: 200
- Rate of Literacy: 15%
- They always have a dry climate and in the summer it is very hot with temperatures reaching up to 120 degrees each day
- Location of well: In a remote Koya people group village
- Responsible for maintenance: Sharapu Abbai Dora
- There was a well across the street that was 150 ft deep. It ran dry and they get no more water.
- The water well we put in is 320 ft.
- There are 6 adjacent villages that will also use this well, each with about 30-40 houses.
- They have a stream where they get water from, but it is a 2km walk.
- They dug a hole in the stream to collect good water.
- In the summer time, the stream dries up and it becomes very difficult to get water.
- They frequently suffer from malaria & typhoid.
GPS Coordinates: 17.52274, 81.97485
District: East Godavari
State: Andhra Pradesh
Date of Dedication: January 14, 2018 @ 2:30pm