Haiti country ravaged by natural disasters, oppression, war, unemployment, and many other factors, is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. In 2010, a 7.0 earthquake wreaked havoc on an already destitute country. Its effects, combined with more recent disasters, have left many homeless and without hope.
WHAT WILL WE DO?
In this COVID world, our trips look and feel differently than before. However, we will still BE INTENTIONAL with our time and energy as we focus on helping Amber, Leeanne, the Rev Home and Cafe, and their partner ministries. Although on the ground ministry decisions are still being determined, large ministry opportunities like mass food distributions, medical clinics, or area VBS programs are unlikely for now.
However, we are allowed to visit the Sisters of Charity baby hospital and the Jehovah Rapha House for children with special needs, so we will certainly work that into the schedule. We plan to stay fairly local to the Rev Home/Cafe thoughout the week as we invite you to get your hands dirty working, cleaning, painting, and spending quality time investing in and intentionally loving the the Rev Kids and Jehovah Rapha kids. Those with construction skills are encouraged to note their skill sets on their application and can plan to work on construction projects.
A Possible Week Schedule
Saturday - Arrive, settle in, prep for the week.
Sunday - Attend a Haitian church, meet the Rev kids, and visit the Rev Cafe.
Monday - Thursday - Exact schedule TBD.
Friday - Family fun day with Rev kids.
Saturday - Travel home to the States.
Your Safety is Our Top Priority
We will never knowingly put you in a dangerous situation. Our workers on the ground know and understand the country and culture very well. They will always have your best interest in mind as we minister and stay together as a group. Translators will be available when needed.
- House of Hope staff will provide home cooked breakfast and dinner.
- Team members will stay in "dorm style" rooms with 2-4 per room.
- House of Hope has a pool to enjoy during the evening hours.
- Enjoy a rooftop Haitian sunset and cool breeze during Team Meetings and Worship.
- Max Group Size for 2021 Trip: 12 team members.
- House of Hope Website
- Trip cost includes transportation, lodging, food, ministry expenses, and "Return to USA" COVID test (taken the day before departure flight).
- Other expenses for which the team member is responsible for will include a pre-departure COVID test, passport, vaccines, travel day food, souvenirs, and personal purchases.
* All applicants must complete a GPPD Background Check Authorization Form & Risk Statement Form when applying.