UPDATE: The Virginia 10 Miler has been canceled for 2020. Click here for up-to-date Harrisburg Marathon Changes.
RUNNING WATER FOR THE LIVING WATER began in 2016. 14 runners were touched by the water crisis in rural India. Propelled by God's love, they ran in the Harrisburg Marathon to raise money for fresh water wells. Every year since, the movement has grown. In 2019, 200 runners raised over $104,000, enough for 36 wells in India and 4 water projects in Uganda. In 4 years, our team has raised over $295,000 bringing clean water for thousands in both India & Uganda.
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
1. CHOOSE A RACE
You can use ANY race to raise awareness and funds for clean water, but we have 2 official team events.
For the fifth year in a row, our team is running in the Harrisburg Marathon on November 8 to provide clean water. Last year we had 200 runners! Run the entire marathon, or split the race between relay team members.
CANCELED FOR 2020: Although the Virginia 10 Miler has been canceled for this year, we invite you to join us in Harrisburg and look forward to racing in Virginia in 2021!
2. START A FUNDRAISING PAGE
Create your own fundraising page through FlipCause. Friends and family can give directly and securely to Global Partners,
and you can easily track your progress. This step is the ONLY WAY to officially join the Running Water team.
We challenge you to set a goal of raising at least $100 for every mile run, or funding an entire well for $2600.
Set up the page under your name or a team name (if you plan to pool fundraising with solo runners or a relay team).
There are endless ways to raise support for a good cause, but we have a few ideas to get you started.
- Use your Skills: Do you have a skill set you could leverage to bring hope? Lawn care or yard work, music lessons, hair or makeup services, childcare and handmade products can all be offered for donations.
- Sponsorship: Do you know a business or resturaunt owner who may be interested in supporting your cause with a sponsorship package? See more details in the Sponsorship section of this page.
- Giving Up to Give Back: Is there something you could give up for a few weeks (Coffee run, ordering takeout, a subscription service, etc) to contribute to your cause?
- Special Occasions: On your birthday, anniversary, or Christmas, ask family and friends for donations instead of gifts
- Friendly Competition: Start an office, family or Vacation Bible School penny war to see which team can gather the most change.
- Dare for a Cause: Adventurous types may enjoy a "Dare" style campaign, such as promising to shave your beard, get a pie in the face or record yourself lip-syncing a song if supporters help you reach your donation goal.
Would you consider sponsoring Running Water for the Living Water at a personal or corporate level?
Click the button to donate now, or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To view diamond, gold, silver, and bronze sponsorship opportunities, click below to expand.
Businesses and individuals who financially support our efforts at any level will receive pictures and GPS coordinates of the well contributed to.
- In 2019, we had 200 runners and made various media appearances in Central PA. Our shirts are then continued to be worn by our runners - we see them all over the place
- We utilize a Facebook group page with over 200 engaged members
- We had over 600 individual supporters and many more who visit our donation pages
- Nearly 2000 hits on our informational webpage in 2019 where we mention all of our sponsors
Donating the following amounts designates you as an official sponsor, whether you give to a specific runner or to the overall campaign. Donors may choose to be anonymous (Not featured on the t shirt/website).
Business or individual’s name will appear on t shirt worn by group members on race day
Name OR logo on t shirt, AND Sponsor name and logo on our race website
All of the above AND a framed picture of well dedication ceremony
All of the above, 2 complimentary race shirts, AND Sponsor/business name to appear on a banner at the well site. You will also receive a shareable link to a personalized video of YOUR well being dedicated with special thanks to you or your business name. The banner will be presented to sponsor as a gift after returning the US.
Joining the movement is simple: choose a race and start raising funds. But race day isn't the end- We also invite you to GO to India with us to dedicate your well! Wells are typically dedicated in January or February immediately following race season. If you can't make it, we'll send you a personalized video of your well dedication, plus pictures, GPS coordinates and various details from the village your well was installed in.