A country ravaged by flooding from natural disasters, oppression from war, and little employment opportunities, among many other factors, has landed Haiti as the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere.
In 2010 a 7.0 earthquake produced havoc on this already destitute country. Some estimate that over 300,000 people lost their lives, while countless others were left homeless and broken.
WHAT WILL WE DO?
We will be intentionally investing into the lives of the children and teenagers living in the GPPD Rev Home. You will have opportunities for discipleship with the older Rev kids on our ministry teams. Together we will love on children with special needs, meet medical needs, participate in construction projects, VBS, skills training, pastoral ministry and more!
A Possible Week Schedule
Saturday - Arrive, settle in, and get to know each other
Sunday - Attend a Haitian church, Ministry as a whole group
Monday - Thursday - Ministry Teams
Friday - Family Day
Saturday - Travel Day
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
Safety is one of our top priorities. We will never put you in a known, dangerous situation. Our workers on the ground know and understand the country and culture very well. They will always have your best interest in mind. Translators will be available when needed.
Upcoming Haiti Trips:
June 22-29, 2019
August 3-10, 2019
Deadlines to Apply:
June Trip - 2/21/2019
August Trip - 3/15/2019
- Price may change due to airfare
- Trip cost includes: Transportation, Lodging, Food, Ministry Expenses
- Other possible expenses may include: Passport, Vaccines, Travel Day Food, Souvenirs
* All applicants must fill out a GPPD Background Check Authorization Form & Risk Assessment Form when applying.
- House of Hope staff will provide home cooked breakfast & dinner
- Team members will stay in "dorm style" rooms with 6 per room
- House of Hope has a pool to enjoy during the evening hours
- Worship and Team Time will take place on roof - to enjoy sunset and cool breeze
- Max Group Size of Each Trip: 30 team members
- House of Hope Website