HARRISBURG MARATHON / RELAY 11/13/22
RUNNING WATER FOR THE LIVING WATER began in 2016. Since then, runners and walkers on our team have brought clean water to thousands.
For the 7th year in a row, we are participating in the Harrisburg Marathon and relay. As individuals, families, friends, and churches, we will join together to raise funds for clean water in India and Uganda. Race day is the finale to our fundraising season and a symbolic "crossing of the finish line" as we celebrate what God has done. A few months after the race, runners/walkers and donors will receive a personalized video update featuring the well they helped provide. You're invited to join us!
In communities throughout the world, families just like yours struggle to find clean water or have to live on an insufficient or rationed supply of water. When you fundraise with us, you not only make an impact, but you also get to see the smiles you have brought to a specific village!
Details: Wells are typically dedicated 2-3 months after the race. If you raise enough for a whole well ($2500), we'll send you (or your team) a personalized video* of the dedication, plus pictures, GPS coordinates and various details from the village your well was installed in.
- We work with partners on the ground in India (and more recently, Uganda), to find villages and areas most in need of a clean water source.
- See the video at the top of the page for an example of one of our well dedication celebrations.
- *If you raise funds for a partial well, you will still receive village details and a video, but the video will also thank the other runners whose funds were pooled together with yours.
HOW TO START YOUR FUNDRAISER
We challenge you to set a goal of $100 per mile, which for Marathon relay teams adds up to a full well at $2600. You can create teams on Flipcause to track fundraising progress.
There are endless ways to raise support for a good cause, but we have a few ideas to get you started.
- Use your Skills: Do you have a skill set you could leverage to bring hope? Lawn care or yard work, music lessons, hair or makeup services, childcare and handmade products can all be offered for donations.
- Sponsorship: Do you know a business or resturaunt owner who may be interested in supporting your cause with a sponsorship package? See more details in the Sponsorship section of this page.
- Giving Up to Give Back: Is there something you could give up for a few weeks (Coffee run, ordering takeout, a subscription service, etc) to contribute to your cause?
- Special Occasions: On your birthday, anniversary, or Christmas, ask family and friends for donations instead of gifts
- Friendly Competition: Start an office, family or Vacation Bible School penny war to see which team can gather the most change.
- Dare for a Cause: Adventurous types may enjoy a "Dare" style campaign, such as promising to shave your beard, get a pie in the face or record yourself lip-syncing a song if supporters help you reach your donation goal.
Printable Fundraising Letters and Materials
CELEBRATING WITH US ON RACE DAY
By joining in existing races, we are able to keep costs low and send maximum funds directly to clean water. This year, you're invited to join us as we celebrate the finale of fundraising season at the Harrisburg Marathon. By running a relay leg of 5-8 miles or the full marathon, you can symbolically take on the miles that families no longer have to travel in search of a water source.
Registration and Coupon Codes
- 4-Person Team: The code TRWrelay22 keeps the cost at $240 through 10/31/22
- Half Marathon: $80 The code TRWhalf22 takes 10% off from 8/1/22-11/7/22
- Full Marathon: $90 The code TRWfull22 takes 10% off from 8/1/22-11/7/22
Mail in Form: SAVE on the Processing Fee: Click Here to Download Registration Form and Mail In
Race Day Schedule (Subject to Change)
Order T Shirts
- Order & Pay Online (link here)
- If ordering online, you are welcome to use Promo Code "payoffline" if you want to pay via check/cash
- Send funds via Venmo @gppd2003 (Global Partners)
- Please include in comments that it's for raceday shirt payment
- Bring a check/cash to the Friday night rally (or give to Matt)
- Write check out to "Global Partners" or GPPD
Fundraising with Flipcause
Flipcause is a quick and convenient fundraising tool we use to help you collect donations for your well. The signup process is simple, and the page can easily be shared so others can support your goal on a secure platform.
We encourage and challenge you to set a goal of raising $100 per mile. That should be your team's aim. We also encourage the team captain to attempt to raise the most even if they are not running the longest leg. Friends, family, and church members that are not participating in the race are welcome to fundraise as well.
Printable Letters and Postcards
Interested in sending letters to prospective donors or business sponsors? Click here to view all printable documents.
Personal or corporate sponsors can designate funds to a specific runner/team or the group goal. 95% of your donation will go directly to well installation! Sponsors can choose to be featured on the back of the team t shirt or remain anonymous. Feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Sponsorship Levels - - - Diamond - - - Gold - - - Silver - - - Bronze
Businesses and individuals who financially support our efforts at any level will receive pictures and GPS coordinates of the well contributed to. Donating the following amounts designates you as a sponsor, whether you give to a specific runner or to the overall campaign goal.
Previous + Business or individual’s name will appear on t shirt worn by group members on race day (Unless you prefer to remain anonymous)
Previous + Name OR logo on t shirt
Previous + a framed picture of well dedication ceremony
Previous + 2 complimentary race shirts, AND Sponsor/business name to appear on a banner at the well site. You will also receive a shareable link to a personalized video of YOUR well being dedicated with special thanks to you or your business name. The banner will be presented to sponsor as a gift after returning to the US.
Mail In Sponsorship Form
If you would rather sign up as a sponsor via mail, click here to download the Business Sponsor sign up form. (Click document title to download).
In 7 years, Running Water for the Living Water teams have provided over 170 wells in India and Uganda. Click to experience a few of the wells provided this past season.