Over the last number of years around one million refugees from Syria and Iraq have crossed their home borders into the safe-haven country of Jordan. Running from poverty, war, violence, and persecution - only to be met by additional hardships of searching for work, education for their children, providing the basic needs of their families, and missing loved ones.
Despite the war torn countries they have fled from, the refugees miss their homes and long for the day that their home country would have peace and not war.
Be a part of Capturing Hearts through Compassionate Help & Aid to the Refugees of Jordan!
What Will We Do?
Spend your week getting to know refugees from Iraq and Syria. Together we will work to provide for their basic needs, visit their homes and show them God's eternal love. As you listen to the stories of these courageous families, you will be compelled to do whatever it takes to bring them help and hope.
We will spend time encouraging our partners on the ground, as well as other staff and workers there. We will participate in church services as well as multiple women's, men's, youth events.
Unfortunately, due to current restrictions, we will not be able to visit one of the refugee camps.
We will also visit a few Biblical sites during our time in Jordan. Possible places include Amman Citadel, Mt. Nebo, Dead Sea and the place where Jesus was baptized 2,000 years ago.
Upcoming Jordan Trip: March 12-21, 2020
Deadline to Apply: N/A
- Price may change due to airfare.
- Trip cost includes transportation, lodging, food and ministry
- Other possible expenses may be: Passport, Vaccines, Visas, Entrance/Exit Fees into Jordan, Food Expenses on Travel Days, Souvenirs
(Participants should be emotionally prepared to minister to refugees and hear their difficult stories.)
Cost Details & Payment Schedule
|Payments Due By:||Date|
- Lodging at Grace Church / Community Center
- All meals in-country (excluding airport food)
- All in-country transportation & ministry expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Round trip ticket to and from Washington DC (if necessary)
- Passport + Visa fees
- Vaccines & other prescriptions
- All items of a personal nature